Predicting the Future: How You Use Data to Make or Break Your Business
The word statistics often provoke a sense of discomfort and uneasiness. However, in today’s world where decision-making is driven by big data, we should “befriend” statistics and learn to utilize it to its fullest potential to provide us a sense of security and confidence. The lack of applied statistical knowledge has been a significant deterrence factor for many entrepreneurs to use available data to analyze the past trend and use it to establish relevant future prediction.
This workshop provides a platform for discussion and demonstration of several applied statistical methods to “predict the future” statistically. The comprehensive yet easy-to-follow topics covered include collecting, cleaning and organizing data, as well as interpreting data using computer software.
Participants will learn about the importance and advantages of being statistically competent while exploring the following key areas in big data analytics:
- Discovering and identifying patterns in big data
- Making inferences from large database
- Understanding several tools for big data analysis
The conductor of the workshop, Alvin Teh, holds a M.S. in Statistics and B.S. in Actuarial Science. While lecturing and pursuing tertiary education in one of the top 100 university in the U.S., he focused on using applied statistical methods to predict the retention rate of college students.
- The event description was updated. Diff 2015-11-06 08:12:53
9:00 AM - 6:00 PM MYT
- Hall 1, Meeting Room 7, Prince Court Medical Centre, Jalan Kia Peng, Kuala Lumpur
Early Bird FULL Student FULL
- Venue Address
- Hall 1, Meeting Room 7, Prince Court Medical Centre, Jalan Kia Peng, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
TeAM 1AES262 Followers